Just like employees and contractors, hiring interns is an event that requires a written agreement. The intern agreement sets out your mutual expectations in terms of work responsibility and compensation (whether monetary or otherwise). It also covers things like:
- how long the internship will last and how it can be terminated
- what information the intern must keep confidential
- how the intern can use social media
- how the intern can use your intellectual property
- who owns work the intern creates for you, and more.